It was okay. I wasn't sure how it would go. I thought you might have a harder time sleeping away from home. We brought your pack-n-play crib and all of your regular blankets, some toys, your sleep pacifier and your sleep CD. That seemed to be the magic formula. As soon as you saw those things all together your face lit up with relief. That made me light up with relief.
I cannot believe how much stuff we fit into our van. We had the seats folded down. We put Benny's crate next to your seat and filled in the rest.
We finaly arrived. You hung out in the screen room while Daddy and I set up camp.
Everyone was there. Grandma and Grampa Devine, Auntie Jane and Jason, Auntie Chloe, Walter and Padon, Uncle Pat and Catherine.
You really enjoyed walking everywhere. It was impossible to keep you clean. I gave up trying. I figured if you were happy I didn't need to make you miserable by constanly wiping the dirt off of your face. You got really dirty.
Your Aunts and I went Kayaking.
We got you into your life vest but it made you a little top heavy and you fell and bumped your head. We got into the boats and out onto the water.
I think you were a little unsettled by the paddle moving infront of your face. You really seemed to enjoy your self once I turned you around. You were propped up just so that I thought you were going to fall asleep. But my tough little guy, you stayed awake for the whole trip.
We got you into your life vest but it made you a little top heavy and you fell and bumped your head. We got into the boats and out onto the water.
I think you were a little unsettled by the paddle moving infront of your face. You really seemed to enjoy your self once I turned you around. You were propped up just so that I thought you were going to fall asleep. But my tough little guy, you stayed awake for the whole trip.I was hoping that we would have time for a hike but we weren't able to squeeze it in. That just means that we will have to go back another time.




No comments:
Post a Comment