Monday, August 3, 2009

Greg gets to see the inside of a fire truck!

I heard a weird sound and thought that Wayne must have set the lawn sprinker on super soak. I peeked out into the backyard and didn't see a sprinker. I opened the slider door and relaized the noise was coming from the BBQ grill. I told Wayne the grill sounded like it was going to explode. He ran outside and put the canister in a shadey corner of the yard as far from the house as he could get it and read on the canister to call the fire department. The came with sirens blarring and discovered a screw on the bottle had backed out. They tightened it up and said to give the area a couple hours to clear out before lighting anything to let the gas disipate. It smelled pretty strong out there.
I woke Greg from his nap so that he could see the fire truck parked in front of our house. The nice firemen let Greg sit inside and gave him some stickers. They put some head phones on him so that he could hear the fireman talking to him thru their system. That was to intense and Greg almost started crying. The fireman helped him back out of the truck, waved goodbye and they were off.
What an exciting day for us!

No comments: