Saturday, April 12, 2008

You can lead a fish to peas but you can't make him eat

Oh, sad days.
One of daddy’s fish is sick. Daddy found him in the pond in the backyard. After a little online research he found a cure for bladder bloat. Cooked, shelled green peas. Well, it turns out that is what you had for dinner.
You were kind enough to share but the fish just isn't biting.
I thought the problem might be his lack of maneuverability. Seeing as he is stuck on his side, he may not be able to swim to the bottom of the hospital bowl to get the peas. So I tried feeding him peas from my fingers but they kept slipping off and falling to the bottom. Then I skewered one on a corn-cob-holder and held it for the fish, in front of his mouth, and still he isn't biting.


Well, I don't know if there is too much more that can be done for a fish.
Your daddy was wondering if we were being irrational since he purchased the fish for $0.20 each last year. I say do what you can for the little guy. We have really enjoyed watching them grow. We enjoy seeing them swim in the pond.
I guess we just wait and see if he ever eats any peas and if he recovers from this fishy illness.

No comments: